Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello only had my 207 3 months it as kindly repaid me by killing the turbo, I was assured the oil had only been changed last august which means it could only of done 3000 miles all in before that the car as FSH , I am now looking at a bill to repair the turbo , can any of you kind Gents/Ladies tell me the correct way to go about this , I am getting a rebuilt exchange turbo on Tuesday , I am being told clean everything out and drop the oil shortly after running it , could you steer me into the correct way, I think the car is a dud I had a 206 1.4 hdi before this and it was bullet proof for 5 years cost me nothing , this however has now hit me with a £500 bill, I will be selling once this is fixed and going back to a 1.4 hdi , If somebody could tell me what to do as regards the refitting process I would be mighty grateful, I reckon the EGR will go next . Sorry if this sounds negative but I think the car is a lemon and I don't mean it smells fruity if you know what I mean.

· Registered
15,373 Posts
The 1.4 and 1.6 engines are essentially the same its not the engines fault its the previous owners AND peugeots fault

Its peugeots fault for telling people they had 20k mile service intervals and its the previous owners fault for sticking to them !

Turbo failures are common and the above is the main cause but the turbo size is also a reason for failure they are made small to spool up quick but hey work too hard higher up the rev range leading to where you are now

You were simply lucky with your 1.4 its not really a better engine.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply , maybe best look at another make of car then I don't trust pug anymore , if I drive this car I will just be waiting for its next fault I do motorway runs everyday luckily this went round the corner from home at low revs , do you know the correct fitting procedure for the turbo don't want to bodge it as I won't sell a dud to someone

· Registered
15,373 Posts
Dont buy ford or mazda or suzuki or mini or citroen or volvo then as they all have peugeot engines too :) there are some others too.

The replacement of the turbo is well documented on here its the same regardless of what car the engine lives in.

We had a berlingo van with 350k miles on its original turbo as it got regular oil changes its all down to how the car is looked after.

9,894 Posts
Don't buy a vw 2.0 tdi as they also have similar turbo issues

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.