Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughters 207 is causing no end of problems at the moment to the point she is afraid to drive it now.

First off we had a turbo failure , i popped a new one on and it promptly failed. I then read I should have dropped the sump so....

New Turbo Cartridge, dropped sump new pick up pipe, pulled oil cooler and cleaned that out too. Removes the gauze from Banjo bolt and replaced all the pipes to and from turbo and banjo bolts. New filter and new oil.
Jobs a good un... at least i thought...

The car starts and runs but then randomly shuts off with a low oil pressure fault. It has to wait a little while before starting again.

I also have an accelerator pedal error, i have a new one on order are they connected i wonder?

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
493 Posts
I also have an accelerator pedal error, i have a new one on order are they connected i wonder?
No, not a connected issue.

The car starts and runs but then randomly shuts off with a low oil pressure fault
Low oil pressure, really hard to tell based on current information. So here is list of what in my mind might be possible.

oil filter block and/or blockage in oil lines or oil pickup prior to the pump (inc seals if disturbed),
oil pump failure problem,
main bearings and/or conrod bearings shagged.

Just off top of my head, what I would be looking at. What caused failure of the first turbo ?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Carbon as they do pretty similar to every other oil strainer pickup on the hdi

A lot like this strainer here citroen c4 1.6HDI - STOP low oil pressure light.

When I dropped the sump no sign of metal or bearing break up. I am pretty good with 12k mile oil and filter changes.

I didnt clean the vac take pump at the top. I wonder if changing all the pumps and strainers ive dislodged something causing a block elsewhere... I have a new filter and senor to fit.
Found this post with similar problems but it appears it was the EGR valve!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As an update . I fitted the new pedal and the car has run without hiccup for nearly a week. I guess the old accelerator was scrambling the ECU cutting the engine out and giving a low oil pressure light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts