Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm considering paying for an ECU remap in order gain a little more power.

I know I have to make insurance aware, and also read some threads of what happens when not done properly.

Could someone assist with answering the following?

1) Does the Remap actually improve fuel economy?

2) Does it affect the CO2 emissions? (tax costs)

3) Are there any other modifications that can / should be changed in order to better accommodate the ECU re-map?

4) Anyone aware of any other issues with a re-map? (Other than the most severe engine re-builds as stated in other threads)

Thanks!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yes, you should tell your insurance, I set up a policy with FLux direct which actually worked out cheaper with a remap.

Yes, fuel economy does go up, especially with DPF removal.

No, it doesn't affect your tax bracket.

For the 1.6 110 you need to remove the DPF before you go for a remap. You can have all of that done by me if you need to, or bring it to me with the DPF and cat already removed.

Don't get a bad remap, these engines need to be done right otherwise you'll get problems with the turbo. I spent a very long time perfecting the turbo control settings to prevent over boosting issues with the DPF removed to keep everything safe.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi

I'm considering paying for an ECU remap in order gain a little more power.

I know I have to make insurance aware, and also read some threads of what happens when not done properly.

Could someone assist with answering the following?

1) Does the Remap actually improve fuel economy?

2) Does it affect the CO2 emissions? (tax costs)

3) Are there any other modifications that can / should be changed in order to better accommodate the ECU re-map?

4) Anyone aware of any other issues with a re-map? (Other than the most severe engine re-builds as stated in other threads)

Thanks!
Hi
Have you had a remap and DPF removed?
If so where did you get it done and has it made a difference to your car? I'm looking to do the same on my 207 GT HDI.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts