Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed a service on my wifes 2011 207 cc 1.6 GT fitted with a HDI engine. I replaced the fuel filter (FRAM P11047) and could not start vehicle. As it does'nt have a manual prime pump, I turned the ignition on/off 10 times to purge fuel system but to no avail.

I put the old filter back on (OE) and repeated the above procedure and the vehicle started and run OK. Put the FRAM back on repeated the above procedure and again vehicle would not start. Old fuel filter back on and vehicle up and running with no problems.

I have replaced many fuel filters in my time and have not experienced this before especially with FRAM filters.

Contacted my supplier they said this is very unusual and are unaware of any issues but will replace the unit FOC. Can anyone shed any light on this?? :confused:

Kind regards
Terry..

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ignition off/on won't do anything as there isn't a pump in the tank, have you filled the new filter with diesel before fitting it?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel filter filled priior to fitting. How do I prime the fuel upto the filter?. There is no prime pump fitted. The method I used got the old filter up and running. Am I missing something here??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts