Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys . I have a 207 1.6hdi 2006. It has been driving perfectly then sat for 1 month whilst bumpers and bits were being sprayed. All put back on and on turning the key very hard to start. Once going it wouldn’t rev , blows heavy black soot from exhaust . Very rough on idle. I checked and found all air pipes very oily. Egr valve is good, checked PCV valve ok, what I have noted is excessive oily vapour from rocker cover PCV to air pipe. Also when you take out dipstick as it ticking over which is very rough the same oily vapour comes from the dipstick housing. I just state the car at this point has been idling for approx 2 mins and this vapour starts immediately. This is my sons car who just past his test. I have had 2 mechanics look at it but they are baffled and to be honest don’t want to spend time on it.
Questions . Could it be excessive fuel being dumped in
Or
Is it a blocked oil way ,
Could the oil filter be blocked and causing back pressure ?
I have read a lot of different issues but considering it drive very well and over night this has came up
Any input would be very much appreciated
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Without knowing the history hard to give an exact answer

How long have you had the car any issues before has it been remapped

Have you been able to get it running and clear it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi , no the car has not been remapped. I have cleaned all air ways and inter cooler , it will start eventually but rough on idle , fills the road with thick black smoke. After 5 mins of idle there is a noteable oily deposit on the air pipes again.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Black smoke is an indication of overfuelling. Check that you are getting boost at the intake manifold. Split boost pipes are a common cause of this so check them if you dont have boost.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Yes I agree, overfuelling. You sure the air filter is good?
What sort of milage has it done and do you know which version (as in power) the engine is?

·
6,587 Posts
Check intake pipework from induction pipe at the front. Its not unheard of at this time of year for something to make a nest in intake pipework or air filter if a car is standing for a while

Reactions: Brilec
1 - 6 of 6 Posts