Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all could somebody please tell me what the relay looks like and where is it located thank you

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Why are you looking for it ?

If its to cure starting issues its not your problem if its because you have a fault code saying relay energised plugs not supplied or relay stuck it could be a ghost fault.

It is around the fusebox area usually but location moves depending on car and age

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you , it is a start issues it gives out unburnt diesel smoke on cold start I have changed all the glow plugs so thought it might be worth looking at this the code was relay or plug faults, only thing is I can't find the relay

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Doubt very much the relay is anything to do with it much more likely an injector leaking too much fuel into the engine is your oil level higher than maximum

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you oil level is fine and has not moved since service , I thought it was burning oil at first so kept a eye on the oil level it is definitely un burnt diesel as it smells sweet and idles rough for the first ten seconds or so , can this do any damage if left like this

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Get a leak of test done on your injectors

I was not asking about oil for burning reasons i was asking because if injectors leak badly the oil level actually rises

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for your reply , do you know how much that will cost I have a really tight budget , I have already shelled out for. service and glow plugs , wondering if the car is worth it , would it do any harm if I left it like this , but embarrassing when I start the car up but at least I can get away with it by saying it's diesel ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts