Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been trying to use the search on this but it comes up with all manner of other stuff so sorry if I'm asking a question that has already been asked dozens of times.

I have just done an engine oil and oil filter change. The first time on a 207 and it went well.
The trouble is my handbook says that the oil capacity is 3.25 litres. I have put in 3.5 litres and it is still not on the top mark of the dipstick.
Is the stated capacity a minimum (i.e. min mark on the dipstick). It seems strange that I have to put a bit more in to get it to the max on the stick.

This is the first time I've actually measured the amount of oil I'm putting in - previously (on other cars) I've always just put in enough to touch the max on the dipstick.

Should I just set it to the max on the stick and not worry about it?

Thanks, Cookie

·
Registered
364 Posts
There seems to be confusion over how much oil these engines hold some data like in the handbook quote 3.25 Litres other data has it as the same as the 1.4 HDi which is 3.75Litres. Think I would park it on level ground wait ten mins after switching off engine and just top it up to max, would trust the dipstick before the figures assuming the dipstick is the correct one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Joe and Renegade. It looks like the book has it a bit wrong.
I put 3.75 litres in and it seems about right.
Ta for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts