Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just ended up with a 207 1.6 gt hdi 2007 and when i got it home noticed oil peeing out of the cambelt lower cover and engine has a slight knock and lack of power has any one had this problem before ?:eek:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi all,
Just ended up with a 207 1.6 gt hdi 2007 and when i got it home noticed oil peeing out of the cambelt lower cover and engine has a slight knock and lack of power has any one had this problem before ?:eek:
Sounds like trouble... do not drive it if this is actually the case!

Has something from the road smashed the engine? Turbo blown? The HDI is a high pressure engine so something could have blown off / buggered up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
turbo is ok and the conclusion i have is the oil pump seal between pump and engine been told this is very common on these ,but dont mind the oil leak is just the knock sounds like the crank has gone as this car was bought in and dont know weather the previous owner might have driven without oil in the engine for a while or maybe the cambelt has jumped a tooth or 2 as it is soaked in oil :confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i thought so just like the 206 hdi`s but one question why do you have to lock it with timing pins ? it says crank cam and fuel pump

D

·
0 Posts
Where does it say that? You don't HAVE to. Some say its for internal balance within the pump but it doesn matter.
Have you rpm in live readings on the diagnostic?

Sent from my GT-S5690

1 - 8 of 8 Posts