Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is pretty simple. What gains would i look to get from adding turbo as well as what do i need to consider when looking for a turbo to add?

For a while i've been fairly happy with its off the line torque though i want to make my car a little more fun and looking to squeeze more juice out of it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
fitting a turbo to a car not designed to have a turbo can prove rediculously expensive.

it might be better to find another car which has the performance you are looking for..

if you are determined to do it to your 1.4, things to look for are:

oil/coolant line routings
clearances
custom exhaust manifold
new ecu

and the turbo should be of an appropiate size for the engine, i.e not massive as your engine would struggle with lots of boost. turbos work best with direct injection, does your car have this?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
one word... DONT!

much cheaper to change cars! CANBUS system on the 207 will have a fit if u try change things like that, its got a bad temper at the best of times with a car running well lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info, yes i am looking to remap. though primarily im looking for more torque out of 4-5 gear. thats why i figured the turbo would add that kick. if not adding turbo and keeping it NA what would be a good alternative for more punch and that " oh crap i go chopped by a 207"

·
Registered
88 Posts
For the time and money you spend fitting a turbo you might as well get new car. Get a 207 GTI THP, great cars and 175 bhp even the THP 150 bhp are good and there's more of those around. Side note - The gain you see out of remmaping a natural aspirated car is virtually nothing you might see a 20bhp increase at best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts