Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, ive got a1.4 VTI and there is no comms with the BSI. The BSI is fully operational, works wipers, lights etc. The car wont start. Also cant communicate with ABS, powersteering. Not sure where to start looking, any help much appreciated.

have tried a replacement ecu kit and still have the same issue

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive checked all thr fuses. Also taken all connectors off fuse box, loked at all connections and checked all fuses with a meter. any one knowthe can lines so I can look at them?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
beep test works. PP wont connect as it wont read vin from bsi. ive got some other software which lets me chose the module, I can read ecu ok, but cant read other modules, bsi, abs, power steering

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Beep test works but it wont start thats not a BSI issue what coms are you getting from ECU while cranking

Are you trying planet or diagbox try reading a different car/version

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
im using diagbox, bad habit calling pp. not tried looking at anything while cranking. what wud I be looking for. I can read other cars. Aldo had an auto electrician look at it he used various devices none talk to bsi etc

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You missunderstand try reading YOUR car as another car i find it sometimes cant read the vin as a 207 for example but will as a 307 as long as you dont change any settings it wont do any harm

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Some kits have problems reading 307's.

Also, your car might be too early to use Diagbox, you need to select PP2000 when in the Diagbox/PP2000 choice screen. Choosing Diagbox there will default it to PP2000 but it will not read the car. You have to choose PP2000, then it works fine. Does this with my 2 307's.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Right.... 207 not 307.... having a senior moment here obviously.. :eek: too many of those lately!! :nono:

But my 2 307's [one 2.0 petrol and the other 2.0Hdi 90] will connect to diagbox if selected in the main screen, then default to PP2000 but then will not read any modules/ecu's. I have to then close completely out of diagbox, go back in and select PP2000 from the main screen, only then will it connect and read all modules/ecu's.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Some kits have problems reading 307's.

Also, your car might be too early to use Diagbox, you need to select PP2000 when in the Diagbox/PP2000 choice screen. Choosing Diagbox there will default it to PP2000 but it will not read the car. You have to choose PP2000, then it works fine. Does this with my 2 307's.
That sounds familiar - my 206cc does just the same.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Personally I'd be all over the connectors on the fuseboxes and ECU looking for moisture ingress.

The CAN bus visits every peripheral in the vehicle and moisture ingress at any one of them can kill the bus.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
looked at the connectors on ecu, bsi and engine bay fuse box. cant see anything obvious. that's why im hoping for a wiring diagram, try and work out where the can starts from and where it goes too.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The can does not start or end anywhere its a network of ALL the computers

You could say it starts at the BSI but thats not really the case as its more accurately a 2 way street to all the computers and as the previous post says a fault on 1 part of the network can pull down the whole lot.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The can does not start or end anywhere its a network of ALL the computers
A reliable406 says - the CAN bus is typically two data wires, both wires pulled high by their own resistor. Every module in the car connects onto these two wires. The two data wires are exact mirror images of each other (i.e. when one goes up the other goes down).

When a module wants to "say" something it modulates the data wires with the serial data it wants to communicate. It typically modulates the data wires by 'open collector' transistors so it pulls a data wire low (for a logic zero) or releases it (for a logic one). The stream of ones and zeroes represent the data.

The point I'm trying to make is that any module can kill the signals on the bus if it should develop a fault.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts