Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this is my first post on this forum. My wife has a 2010 207 vti with ep3 engine. The problems that we have had up until now I have managed to repair.

The car has recently given a charging system control fault on the ecu (I read this with icarsoft 970) since the fault the battery has not charged properly. I have managed to get a replacement alternator that fits. After installation of the alternator the same charging system control fault came up and after resetting that fault, the battery was charging at between 14 and 14.2 volts.

After taking the car for a test drive the fault came back and the charging fluctuates around 13.3 vdc at idle and around 12.4 vdc.

The original alternator is 80 amp the new alternator is 120 amp also with B+ and a single plug in terminal.

My question is, is the charging voltage normal or should it stay at around 14 vdc. Is there something that should be done to stabilize the charging voltage?

Thanks in advance for any help on this subject.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Hello all, this is my first post on this forum. My wife has a 2010 207 vti with ep3 engine. The problems that we have had up until now I have managed to repair.

The car has recently given a charging system control fault on the ecu (I read this with icarsoft 970) since the fault the battery has not charged properly. I have managed to get a replacement alternator that fits. After installation of the alternator the same charging system control fault came up and after resetting that fault, the battery was charging at between 14 and 14.2 volts.

After taking the car for a test drive the fault came back and the charging fluctuates around 13.3 vdc at idle and around 12.4 vdc.

The original alternator is 80 amp the new alternator is 120 amp also with B+ and a single plug in terminal.

My question is, is the charging voltage normal or should it stay at around 14 vdc. Is there something that should be done to stabilize the charging voltage?

Thanks in advance for any help on this subject.
the voltage will drop if the battery is full, have you had battery tested?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Your alternator is controlled by the ecu/bsi so it will only charge when required so it may well be the alternators are both fine its the connection to them between ecu and excitor pin

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply. I have not had the battery tested. The battery did run down to a point where the starter motor would not turn, wind screen wipers would switch on, headlights would come on and all the modules indicating a fault when attempting to start the engine. That was before changing the alternator.
I have charged the battery and checked the no load settling voltage after charge at around 13.2. I will not rule out a shot battery though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. Would you perhaps know the pin number at the ecu, is it a direct link to the ecu?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am also getting the following fault codes on the BSI:

Definition of check engine code P04A7:
Generic (Common for all car manufacturers):
Exhaust Pressure Control Valve "B" Position Sensor/Switch Circuit Range/Performance

P098b - definition?

This is the exact fault for the alternator problem: "Controlled alternator fault value received incorrect on the BSS network"

Does anyone know what P098b is?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts