Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 207 goes to try and start but doesn't. Plugged in basic obd reader and it come as crankshaft sensor, I'll attach pic of it and management fault. Has anybody seen this before and where is best to try and locate problem. TIA.
Light Font Measuring instrument Line Gas

·
Registered
43 Posts
That looks as if it says camshaft sensor to me, but the flash on your camera is stopping anyone reading it clearly.
Try getting a better picture.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah sorry it was camshaft sensor. Cleared the codes and they are not coming up anymore. Car is attempting to start but it won't. Anybody any ideas.

·
9,199 Posts
which engine and any other fault codes listed or fault messages on the display

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I think the P0011 code relates to the VTi engine. Have a look at this video it's for a 308 with a 1.6l VTi engine. If your engine is a 1.4 l VTi it should have the two camshaft sensors on the top right the similar to the 1.6l engine. More importantly it should have the same solenoid the guy changed. If it's a VTi engine you may be lucky and your problem could be just the solenoid. However, there is a chance the timing chain has jumped a tooth.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Checked the solenoid and cleaned it. Tested it and it is working. Car is currently turning turning over , cams are turning so belt/chain is broken. Checked for spark at all the plugs and there is. But still refusing to start. No codes showing up on basic reader.
Anybody got any ideas.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I think that confirms it's a VTi engine. Was there any sign of fuel on the spark plugs when you took them out?

It's odd that there are no codes but your original P0011 code could still be significant. If you have multimeter it would be worth checking the camshaft sensors. To start with unplug the sensor and with the ignition on measure the voltage relative to earth at all three pins. I expect: 0V, 12V (centre pin) and 5V. The centre pin is the signal and is usually 12v on this engine (but can be 5V). The sensor pulls the centre pin voltage down (to 0V) and up (to 12V) as the engine turns.

Edit
Most people have trouble with the solenoid you looked at but there should be another variable timing solenoid on the opposite side of the engine.

There is a possibility that the timing is out.
Here are two videos relating to the timing of this engine.
Part 1
Part 2

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update. Got the car started with a tow. Going now but it is flashing up.the following codes along with the faulty antipollution. I've replaced one cam sensor on the exhaust side. Anybody any suggestions on how to clear these codes. Tia.
Communication Device Gadget Telephony Font Portable communications device
Telephony Communication Device Office equipment Mobile device Gadget
Mobile phone Telephony Portable communications device Communication Device Mobile device
Automotive lighting Communication Device Telephony Window Portable communications device
Automotive lighting Window Communication Device Telephony Gadget
Hand Window Automotive lighting Mobile phone Telephony

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Everything is suggesting a problem on the mixture side. The inlet side of the VTi engine has a solenoid similar to the exhaust side solenoid you looked at and it has a valve lift motor. You can see this motor in action in this video:

·
Registered
993 Posts
dont rely on bench testing the valve, they get heat damage and stick, either swap the valves over, reset and check for a code change or just pick up a cheap one from ebay.
if the problem is still there i would check the cam timing next

1 - 10 of 10 Posts