Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently bought a 207 1.4 S petrol 2007 ... the cambelt was sheered and the water pump was completely jammed... we changed the water pump first with a brand new one and then tried to set the timing up as per the guides on line... however now when trying to start the car it will only start the engine up when you rev it, as soon as your foot comes off the pedal the car goes off ... also 4 fault codes come up 1 anti pollination fault and the others all pointing at the cam shaft sensor I think? I'll get the codes and post underneath this in comments. Anyway the codes will clear then as soon as you try start the car up they come back straight away. Anyone know what this could be and the next steps to take in order to get the car up and running? It's only on 41k and such a shame to just sell it on as spares and repairs.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Might be worth checking the connection on the cam sensor, and double checking you haven't got the belt a tooth out.

Roger.

·
Registered
877 Posts
as its a belt i take it its not a vti engine, did you pressure test the pots for valve damage?

its been said on here before that cam sensor faults are in reality crank sensor faults.....why, because its a peugeot. post codes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts