·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vehicle model is
Peugeot 207 1.4 Petrol , 2006
Engine KFV (TU3A) ,
Power : 53 kw - 72 ch - 4 cyl. - 1360 ccm

Doesn't start unless you press the throttle pedal, then the car works fine, engine is stable .
There was a P1676 error referring to the alternator. The mechanics decided to change the alternator. The problem remains the same. I searched everyone on forums about this issue, it seems several people had the exact same problem but none of them figured it out.

·
3,205 Posts
Just a couple of questions.....when did this start to happen?has the car ever let you down?also im surprised a 'mechanic' would change an alternator to cure that problem?as a lighter note back in the day..my zepher 6 mk2 would only start if you pumped the throttle pedal like fury...ah those were the days....;lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a second hand vehicle, it always had this problem. The car was sitting for year before I bought it, and the place was quite damp. There was corrosion on the exhaust pipe and the brake discs, they had to be both replaced. I inspected the ECU and found out some sticky goo had migrated into some pins. I cleaned it as much as I could. I still suspect it could be the issue but I cleaned it 3 times and the problem remains the same. There is no corrosion on the pins, it's just a sticky transparent goo, I don't know what it is.

·
3,205 Posts
I supose it could be some sort of silicon sealer...If your only problem is having to press the throttle pedal to start on an 11 year old car ,you are lucky.As you have 'cleaned' the ecu pins with no effect I doubt if that the issue.
Im sure someone will pop along and help more but good luck with your car and enjoy the ownership of a peugeot.

·
6,474 Posts
May have been silicone grease on the pins in case of water getting into ecu plugs, Have you cleaned the throttle body,

It could be sticking when left and not opening slightly when ign is switched on but the bigger demand from pressing the throttle moves the butterfly

·
Registered
153 Posts
May have been silicone grease on the pins in case of water getting into ecu plugs, Have you cleaned the throttle body,

It could be sticking when left and not opening slightly when ign is switched on but the bigger demand from pressing the throttle moves the butterfly
i second cleaning the throttle body.
out of intrest have you done many miles in it? if its sat for that long,the fuel could of gone stale.

·
Registered
870 Posts
yep get some carb or brake cleaner and clean throttle body, also check and clean the tip of the map sensor, had a few cars where this cured it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cleaned the MAP sensor with brake cleaner but no success.
I inspected the throttle body from the side connected to the air filter, it looked clean.
I also noticed when contact is ON, their is a whistling sound coming from the throttle body region. I suspect it's from the box where the electric motor controls the throttle. It's a high pitched sound and there is also a sizzle like an old hard drive. What could it be from?

I attached a video of the failed start up and the sound coming from under the hood:

youtube.com/watch?v=7AmcEFNOXlk

youtube.com/watch?v=PXCHa4_ABys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts