Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
207 1.4 petrol 90bhp re-map is it worth it? I've inherited this off my mrs , bit to sluggish for me, neighbour has suggested having it done!! Anybody done this or know its worth doing.

Cheers dai

D

·
0 Posts
Its already a 90bhp (if its 16v) small car. They are not too slow. Anyway a remap wouldn't be any benefit without engine and exhaust mods also. Cheaper to buy a 150bhp 1.6. The gt version.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I was lucky enough to own the 95bhp VTI 1.4 & the 1.6 THP 150bhp

I would recommend the VTI out of the both units if that is the one you already have. There was of course a 90bhp engine too if I remember rightly but I must say the VTI 95 was just about right for a 207.

The problem came with the 207 when the car is much heavier than its predecessor 206 and the engines "struggle". The THP 150 is more of a power house but the reliability of that engine has been known as its downfall.

Therefore I would not bother remapping... keep the current engine which is the best for perfomance, fuel consumption and reliability in my opinion.

For the record, a remap is more beneficial for the THP engines... I wouldnt even bother for any other engine in the 207 range

1 - 4 of 4 Posts