Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Iv just recently bought a 2007 207 1.4hdi. the car runs and drives fine and starts up every time.. except first start in the morning. Iv bled the air in the fuel line, there was a few bubbles and this morning before I started I did it again and saw no bubbles but the car wouldn't start. I get a few clicks (not really fast clicks like a dead battery) and the lock doors button always lights up after its tried to start and failed. The only way I can start the car is by putting my foot down on the acceleration before turning the key. When I do that it starts ok. I get no faults or lights or anything. Please help

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Strange one but check the engine earth take it off clean it and put it back on

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right iv been out and checked. Battery connectors are ok, nice, tight and clean, every connection I could find looks good, had a look under the air filter and as far as I can see the fuel pipes under there look ok can't see any small leaks or anything, i primed it again though, and got some bubbles. Could it possibly be the fuel filter? But my understanding is if it was air in the fuel lines surely it would still turn over and not just click? the only place I can see any sort of leak or oil or anything at all is here in the picture

Attachments

·
6,587 Posts
if you pump the primer a few times before starting does it make any difference.

If no I would be looking at injector leak off amounts and pipework. As you are then more likely to have a leaking injector and pump is struggling to hit 250 bar required for starting

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you pump the primer a few times before starting does it make any difference.

If no I would be looking at injector leak off amounts and pipework. As you are then more likely to have a leaking injector and pump is struggling to hit 250 bar required for starting
I tried that this morning and it didn't make a difference, like I say it's only the first start of the day, I can leave it for hours during the day and it starts great, runs fine too. I'll take it to get checked out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts