Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where the fuel filter is on a 207 - 2008 1.4 VTI petrol 16V?
I had a full service done last week along with the clutch but now am having fuel pressure problems. A different mechanic asked if the guy who did the service changed the fuel filter as they have a habit of clogging up. When I asked he told me that my car has a filter inside the tank that is there for life?

Is this true?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

·
12,149 Posts
Yes, I think that's the case, its been raised in previous threads. I guess it could be confirmed on Servicebox if you enter your VIN.

I would suspect that something has been disturbed during the clutch change.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your speedy reply! The car was fine until a couple of days ago when I drove to my mums and a few hours later the car wouldn't start. It would turn over but wouldn't start. RAC came along and did the usual tests but couldn't find the fault. After plugging in his Diagnostic laptop to the car it came up with a fuel pressure fault and also something to do with camshaft sensor. Will a faulty camshaft sensor cause the car to not start?

The only way we got it started was with a tow start. If fired up straight away, the only issue he noticed was it was fluctuating between 8-9k revs. It wasn't steady.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
The internal filter (if that is what you have) is within the fuel pump.

A dodgy camshaft position sensor could cause starting problems.

I take it you mean 800 to 900 rpm?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ian, yes once it started it fluctuated between 800-900 revs. The diagnotics did throw up a cam sensor error. The RAC guy suggested it may also be the fuel pump, but I've researched and it seems as if it was the fuel pump I would have another huge array of symptoms. Apart from the difficulty in starting up that one time, driving it causes no issues. It accelerates well, keeps speed and not surges in power which leads me to believe its something else.

Would you suggest starting with changing the Cam sensor?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I think I would. I'd take it as an early warning that the sensor was on the way out. These things live in a harsh environment and do fail from time to time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Guys,

Just thought I would let you know that I changed the sensors and it all seems to have sorted it out!

Thanks for all your help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts