Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Newbie on here, but on my 4th Pug to date!
Looking for advice on a possible chip or remap to improve the economy on the 1.4 16v engine - its am 07 plate, 38k on the clock, but I just could do with a little lift in terms of mpg.
Does anyone have any recommendations or "don't do!" stories? (Not buy another car story tho!)
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

It appears to be around 400 miles per tank (ish), reading around 42mpg.
Really looking for around higher 40's, so about 10% increase would be good.
The engine is young enough to take something without breaking, so any thoughts would be good!
Thanks so far, :thumb:

·
2,275 Posts
42mpg...is good...i doubt if you will get anybetter with a remap..diesels remap well..but i found with a stage 2 remap my economy is slightly better but performance is great...so if i drive it to enjoy the performance my economy goes down...good luck..im sure someone will pop along and advise further..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK many thanks for this, currently looking at tuning "boxes" gain of 40hp???? and reduction in fuel of 10%!!!
If it sounds too good to be true, etc!

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have a 1.4 16V se and can only dream of getting 40 mpg. Best i get is about 35 but more recently been around 30 (extra urban). Any general maintenance tips etc. that i could use to improve it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It may sound odd, but change the garage you normally get fuel at - took me a little while, but for my 1.4 16v I use the local Texaco to me, and that seems to be better than Esso or BP.
Change of air filter perhaps too?
I do around 90 miles a day, of which around 60 of those are dual carriageway maybe thats why its over the 40mpg mark?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have just bought a new air filter so hopefully will help slightly. Fuel i did use shell v power for a while but now i just use whichever is nearest at the time.
I do usually around 30 miles a day but this is split into 3/4/5 journeys so this doesn't help.

Slightly off topic but do you know anything about software updates for this model? e.g what are they for and how would i find out if there is one for my car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
V Power is lovely stuff, but I never found it more economical.
As for software - there are many more well informed people than me on that, but would be interested to know too, ie how etc

·
5,669 Posts
I cannot see on a normally aspirated can be remapped for better economy.

You cannot change amount of air getting into engine like a turbo engine and lean mixtures are restricted/limited as Lambda Sensor would adjust fuel trim to protect cat

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have had a number of messages from Enigma, they do re-maps, and are able to do this car with +7hp, +14Nm low down in the range and +5-10% mpg, so given the mileage its about to do, it may be worthwhile.
Understand the issues with normally aspirated, just need it to breathe easier too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts