Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased a 207 a few months ago as a run around for my wife. It's a nice improvement over the 206 she used to have. A couple of weeks ago climbing out of the car i broke the end of the indicator stalk :nono:. Now it's hanging off, although it still works if you put it back in apply some pressure and turn the lights on/off.

Last Sunday I reversed the car to clean it, and then drove it forward again after I'd finished. Monday morning and it would not start, it would turn over but not catch. Tried again at lunchtime, no joy.

Called the Peugeot dealership in Figeac, France and they said that they could not recover it as the main driver was on holiday!

Anyway tried it Tuesday evening and it started. My wife took it to the dealership, they plugged it in and said that the key was not recognised due to an intermittent fault in the unit as a result of the broken indicator stalk.

My wife said can you repair it, of course they can for about €600. €520 of which is for the replacement control box 96661306XT.

If I buy a replacement of ebay for example can I swap over the indicator stalk. There is one on Ebay but it has only two connectors and I need one with three plugs.

If so my wife is worried about it not resolving the intermittent problem now caused and may affect airbag deployment.

Any one with any views or ideas?

Cheers

·
Registered
227 Posts
Last Sunday I reversed the car to clean it, and then drove it forward again after I'd finished. Monday morning and it would not start, it would turn over but not catch. Tried again at lunchtime, no joy.
I have seen this before when a car is started cold to get out of garage then started cold again to put back in. Too much fuel vapour left in the cylinders, otherwise known as a flooded engine. You can usually overcome it either by leaving it to evaporate as you did, or floor the accelerator pedal while cranking the engine. I am doubtful of the garage's explanation!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts