Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a question and will appreciate some advise on this. My last French car was a C2 back in the days and recently I got a 207 now. No issues with the car but since the C2 never had a temprature gauge but the 207 does, I am not familiour on where the normal operating temprature should be - on the gauge?

I have now read verious threads and it seems some people say it must be steady on 90 degrees and others say 85-90 degrees is normal.

What I am seeing is that mine is about 85-88 degrees depending on the opustide temprature, but in general it is about 85 degrees while driving. When I hit traffic it will rise past 90 to about 94'ish and then I can the hear the fan kick in and it will go back to 90. Once I start driving again it will go back doen to again the 85'ish mark.

During this phases I can see the needle actualy raising and dropping? Now is what I am experience normal? Or do you tihnk its time for a new stat?

Tx

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ours once warm stays between 88/90.

We fitted a new thermostat because the gauge dropped to 65/70 then back to 90 when the engine was warm. Sometimes it didnt return to 90 which i think is where its supposed to sit once warm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts