Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What i believe is the clutch release bearing on my 207s 1.4 16v 88hp is starting to sequel when you ride the clutch, also it is quite lazy to release. My question is, is it an easy job to do? Garage have quoted £260 for a 3 piece clutch supplied and fitted.

I can do it myself for £51 with a 3 piece valeo clutch and also i will then know for sure that the clutch has actually been changed! :lol:

Has anybody got any advice on the easiest way to do the job or even better a step by step guide?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
£260 is a fair price, the garage will make some profit to pay the mechanic and cover its overheads, you will be save about 3-4 hours getting dirty. How important is saving £200 to you?.
Stop riding the clutch, and worry about replacing the clutch less often. :)

Roger.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I'd pay the £260 and not bat an eyelid.
Don't get me wrong, I do like doing jobs on my car, just not ones that entail potential future issues requiring the car in bits again.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I agree 260 is a good price
you need a clutch at £51
you will need a new sleeve £10
oil for gearbox £10
possibly a few other things like driveshaft seals if your not carefull

without a ramp it will take you 4 hours even if your good longer if your not its not a hard job but its not a set of brake pads :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
£260 is a fair price, the garage will make some profit to pay the mechanic and cover its overheads, you will be save about 3-4 hours getting dirty. How important is saving £200 to you?.
Stop riding the clutch, and worry about replacing the clutch less often. :)

Roger.
Yea decided to leave it, if it gets any worse then i will think about changing it. Been a good car so far. Bit of a shed when i got it but a T cut and carpet cleaner on the interior it come up really nice. Only thing that has gone wrong is a snapped spring. £1200 10 year old Peugeot, people telling me i should of bought a Japanese or German car :notsure:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts