Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I have a couple of issues with the 207 at the moment. The dip beam isn't working. I've checked the fuses and the fuse connectors in the fuse box and the power is there. But at the headlight there is none for the dip beam. So looks like a wiring or earth connection issue. Anyone had similar issues and what did you find? Any typical areas to check?

So the second issue is the fan isn't working in the cabin. I can change the fan power on the climate control display. I can change the direction on the display and hear the motors going but nothing comes out of the vents. Fuses all checked out fine. Any ideas?

Any help muchly appreciated... thank you!

·
6,567 Posts
Also check under bonnet fusebox as water ingress can cause issues and one symptom is issue with lights

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I checked the fuses in the engine fuse box, they looked fine but changed them anyway, got 14+ volts at both slots. Tested the connection at the lights and the full and side lights had power but the dip didn't either side. Could the fuse box show voltage but the soldering underneath be bad? Thinking about it if the earth was bad it would affect all the lights? I think I'll get another board and see if that works.

Does anyone know where the resistor is for the heater blower on a 207? I've tried to get the motor out but I can't wiggle it out, it's too tight, so I thought I'd try changing the resistor to see if that would give me some air.

Any help muchly appreciated... Thank you!

·
6,567 Posts
Lift the fuse box inner and look at underside of fusebox. Its not just a fuse box it has integrated relays etc internally.

Speed controller is on back corner of heater box on passenger side. You can access from footwell, its a pig to get out two small screws hold it in place.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks windy! I think I've found the resistor... awkward or what! Is it possible to get the blower motor out without taking the front dash off? Just perseverance or impossible?

I'll get the fusebox inner out and I'm presuming I can check the joints for voltage? It will be this weekend before I can do more more now.

Thank you :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
With the dip beam, when you pull the stork towards you does the Blue HB indicator light up in the car's instrument cluster? If so then you can chase the fuses or check both globes for a start.

If the Blue HB indicator in the dash doesn't light up, you may have a worn out stork, if your tech savvy you can dismantle the stork and clean the brass contacts re-grease it and it should work.
to view how to remove the stork "YouTube " is your friend.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Harga, yes, when I pull the stork towards me the blue light comes on in the dash and the high beam lights work. There's power at the fuses and the fuse holders on the fuse box for the dip beam, but nothing at the wiring connector where it plugs into the light. Side and main beam power all check out ok and both work no problems. I'll get the fuse box off this weekend and see if I can trace the wiring for the dip. Thank you :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wow that's really weird, let us know what you find ;-)

All I can think of is perhaps one of the High Beam globes has melted internally and causing a direct short inside the globe itself. I had this once and it took us ages to find the problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, I've done some more checks with the wiring diagram in the manual and there is power to the headlight connection but only 1 or 2v at the dip beam bulb holder connections (high and side bulb holder connections are 14+v) so I'm presuming the fault is in the wiring inside the headlight unit itself (sound familiar Harga?). Do the headlights come apart? Odd that both dip beam lights aren't working. There doesn't look like any corrosion on the contacts, are these lights known melt in side?

·
Registered
113 Posts
1. Check both of the globes work outstanding de of the headlamps with a wire and directly connect to a battery, if it sparks you know it's shorted inside, don't use thin wire it will burn you.
2. I'm both globes work then follow it back to the relay, it's most likely burn out, you should be able to hear it clicking.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, so I've tested the circuit and it's the wires inside the headlights that are gone :( so may as well get a second hand pair, the ones on now are blurred and discoloured anyway. On a good note I fitted a new resistor for the blower motor and now have a working fan :) Yey! Thanks for all your help :D

·
6,567 Posts
It will be the bulb connector that has melted, you can cut them off and replace with a new connector. You can find them on ebay or similar cheaper that a new light unit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I tested at the bulb connector, at the wire and underneath, was 0.4v :( From the connector that plugs into the light unit it's fine. Was looking for way to run a wire from that to the lights but the connector is too snug a fit and don't want to start chopping up the loom. I have a melted connector on the main beam which I will replace, but it still works!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Oh no ! Hope it's not today bad, good news is you can rebuild it in the car, no need to take the motor out, why did they t seize? No oil?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi, did you ever solve the problem. I just bought 207 cc at weekend and noticed dipped beam was garbage whilst driving home. Only checking in daylight can I see that neither of the dipped beams work. Everything else does, and the bulbs are fine as checked in my other car. Exactly like you I am getting a reading of 2v at each connector and the fuses are fine.

Please tell me you fixed it and what it was. Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry no never solved it, sold the car as scrap :( gutted. Loved that car. My next step would have been to get second hand light units, I don't think you can open them up. Hope you get sorted...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for reply anyway. I can't imagine only you and me have had this problem though, identical fault with lights and the volt reading. Hopefully someone can help

1 - 20 of 20 Posts