Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I know is, the car ran yesterday and today it just won't fire up and I got the fault code 2200.

Any ideas?

Vinnie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, thats what my Missus said - trouble is I've no idea what you mean - and I don't want her to think I can't sort it out - it was bad enough with the cat's wooden leg, but thats another story. Could you be more specific and is it fixable by anyone other than Pooles Peugeot?

Cheers...pls reply quietly in case she hears.

Vinnie

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Someone can knock (pardon the pun)me down here but i don`t think that would stop the car starting maybe to do with the EGR, let this run for a while to see if any of my learned colleague`s can help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK - some more background - the car is an 05 UK plate with just 15,000 miles on - so its not had a hard life - the last few days I've been using it for 40 mile round trips as my missus has needed the capacity of the Saab - I thought it was sounding a bit like a diesel and not quite so spritely but then I've been spoiled.

Every day its started instantly but today just the engine turning over. There's a foil concertinal pipe across the front of the engine bay that seemed loose and I sealed it with electrical tape to no avail.

Does the fault code not point to something specific? If not, how will the Dealer figure our whats wrong - replace lots of expensive components one at a time?

Have to go - the cats come in with the leg in two parts again - and Madam's calling from the other room.......

·
Registered
134 Posts
non start

hi,as said if that is the correct code/meaning it will not stop it from starting.

what the vehicle was read with??and can it see live data?
repair is not simply an educated guess,codes give a clue,diagnostics and data reading point you towards the fault.
if poss post last 8 digits of chassis number so we can look better at your system.
it does have fuel? yes?
obvious i know but gotta start at basics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK - thanks - nice to know I'm not alone - petrol....plenty....only 115.9 per litre.....chassis no. plate has all sorts of stuff on.....something like ...
VF32DNFUA44541494......the DNF is a bit worrying.....also, very foggy out - means I'll be kept awake by the fog horns of the ships on the Solent.

How would the Dealer approach this?

By the way, the Lady indoors wants me to tell you its blue - in case that makes a difference. Maybe it does - ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts