Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I purchased a new 2003 model 206cc, and since this time have had nothing but trouble with this vehicle. Within days of collecting the vehicle the tyre blew up steering me into a gutter requiring me to buy a new tyre and rim. Days later the electronics on the car began to fail. So far I have had the horn go off of its own accord, the blinker and hazards lights intermittently go off, a constant air bag fault registering, service light flash all the time as well as the stop led display, the car has "switched off" when I have been driving on the motorway, often have trouble starting the car, the air conditioner has not worked for over one and a half years and recently, the fan under the bonnet exploded causing other damage. My little car has been in service over 10 times in two years (a far cry away from the one service every 20,000km I was told when I purchased the vehicle), not to mention two recalls. I seem to have more problems popping up with the car after each service and especially after the recalls. In the last two months my car has been in for service no less than four times These are just a "few" of the problems I have had with this car.

I was wondering if anyone else has had these problems??? and how their situation was resolved??? The dealer will not take responsibility for the car and neither will Peugeot Australia - they both say the blame lies with the other.

I have not felt safe driving this car for an extremely long time and fear it poses a risk to not only myself and my passenger/s but also the general public (there have been too many near misses after electrical faults causing the car to stop).

If needed I will proceed with legal action as I have had enough. Is there anyone out there who has had a similar situation?????

Please help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a very similar experience, not with my 206CC, but my Kia Sportage. Needless to say it's up for sale on the Gold Coast, Qld but after 3 months still haven't had an offer.

On my 206CC here in France I had an electrical fault with the lights coming on when the car is off and parked, but the dealer fixed this immediately and I have had no more problems since, touch wood.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I believe they have a mux problem? but experts can confirm...

All pugs are known to have spontaenous problems. It's a verifyable fact :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
You won't be the first Aust CC owner I know who has taken legal action, similar problems, similar story, PAA and dealer blame each other. You could get your insurance company involved, they may consider the car too risky to drive and won't insure you - good leverage in a law suit - car obviously isn't fit for use ! Lots of legislation to back you up there. Sorry to hear about your terrible Peugeot experience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Legal action or fix

Well if they can't or won't fix it then legal action is the way to go. I have a letter of a such case at home.

However usually it is possible to fix. One error can cause many faults.
It can be a loose ground, a dodgy computer at the steeringwheel or a bad connector somewhere. They just seem to suck at finding the problems.

I had my car in once a week in january, and once this month. You almost have to tell them exactly what to do and what to check before they get anything right. It's not a few times that I leave the shop with new faults.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts