Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2007 peugeot 206 1.4 prior to passing my driving test, meaning that it was sitting on the drive for a few months and the battery eventually died. A couple of weeks ago we charged the battery and it started up first time with no issues, however when we charged the battery and went to start it again yesterday there was no such luck. The engine seems to be turning over however it won't start and the air-con, radio and windscreen wipers also seem to be not working. We can hear the fuel tank so don't believe this is the issue. Also read about some people with similar problems and thought it may need a BSI reset, however my key does not have a lock button so i'm not sure if this is possible. Any help would be much appreciated!! :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
To start off with if was my car I would put a multi meter over the battery to make sure that it got enough in it to start it. If battery is okay I would check if got a spark and fuel? If all that checks out to be okay could try some easy start to see if it will start off that. Normally I have found with my years of working in cars as a living it's normally something simple .

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To start off with if was my car I would put a multi meter over the battery to make sure that it got enough in it to start it. If battery is okay I would check if got a spark and fuel? If all that checks out to be okay could try some easy start to see if it will start off that. Normally I have found with my years of working in cars as a living it's normally something simple .

Thank you for the response. We've checked the battery, spark plugs and fuel and all seems normal. Also attempted the easy start but still no luck :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is it the spare key your using as my brother has a 2003 basic model of the 206 and his has the key with the buttons for the locking system. Have you tired disconnecting the battery for half an hour as out to g back on to see if that reset any of the systems?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Disconnecting the battery will do nothing thats just doing a BSI reset anyway if the key codes are lost it simply wont start.

The things that dont work will work once it does start they are cut off by economy mode to save battery they are NOT faulty.

Do the key test

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do the key test your looking for a beep

Have you replaced ANYTHING on the key itself
Thank you for the reply. I have done the key test and there is no beep when the key is left in the ignition. Nothing on the key has been replaced.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is it the spare key your using as my brother has a 2003 basic model of the 206 and his has the key with the buttons for the locking system. Have you tired disconnecting the battery for half an hour as out to g back on to see if that reset any of the systems?

Thanks for the reply. I bought the car second hand and was only given the one key which is a basic key with no fob or buttons. Haven't tried that will give it a go!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you got the aa? If so if can't get it started if call them out there tell you the problem for free

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh that's a shame as if has home start with them they come out and will look at the car on your drive

·
3,760 Posts
problem already diagnosed for free(by a member with alot more experience than most)....it will need to have the car re-programmed to accept the imobiliser chip in the key....

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
And before anyone says it the AA RAC etc wont do that :)

Your key codes are lost because you kept letting battery go flat/disconnecting and reconnecting battery thats ALL thats wrong it needs key reprogrammed simple job IF you have the 4 digit access code supplied with the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And before anyone says it the AA RAC etc wont do that :)

Your key codes are lost because you kept letting battery go flat/disconnecting and reconnecting battery thats ALL thats wrong it needs key reprogrammed simple job IF you have the 4 digit access code supplied with the car.
Do you know where I can find the 4 digit access code?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts