Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all....new to this forum so apologies for not knowing anyone or indeed if this question has already been asked a million times before.

Anyway, I just bought a 206 quicksilver 51 plate. The tappets seem a little bit noisy but not excessively. Does this model have hydrolic tappets or manual adjustment?? If hydrolic any reason why they should be a little rattley after warming up?

Thanks

Khalen

·
Registered
862 Posts
khalen said:
Hi all....new to this forum so apologies for not knowing anyone or indeed if this question has already been asked a million times before.

Anyway, I just bought a 206 quicksilver 51 plate. The tappets seem a little bit noisy but not excessively. Does this model have hydrolic tappets or manual adjustment?? If hydrolic any reason why they should be a little rattley after warming up?

Thanks

Khalen
Hi and welcome to the forum :clap:

Is your pug diesel or petrol?

·
Registered
862 Posts
OK a few possibilitys for the 'tapping' noise-

1. Check that it isnt your exhaust hitting or a loose heat shield.

2. It might could be a loose cam belt tensioner that might need adjusting to take up slack.

3. Check out the CVJ's. Another fairly common problem are the front balljoints.

4. Check engine mountings, unlikely but worth a look.

5. Make sure no spark plugs have worked loose.

6. Give the engine a flush as well, it could be an oil restriction to the head.
I presume the camshaft was checked ?

Hope this is of some help. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
khalen said:

Thanks

Khalen
where u from khalen and wlecome

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for those pointers moose....hope it's not as bad as that. It only seems to be after it has been idling for a minute or two and not that prominant. Engine oil is a little thin though. Only bought it a couple of days ago.

Pokershark, I'm in Bristol

·
Registered
862 Posts
khalen said:
thanks for those pointers moose....hope it's not as bad as that. It only seems to be after it has been idling for a minute or two and not that prominant. Engine oil is a little thin though. Only bought it a couple of days ago.

Pokershark, I'm in Bristol

You might find that an engine flush and replacing the oil with some good quality oil e.g. QUARTZ FUTURE 9000 will solve the problem. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts