Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
206 sw stopped working when travelling on the motorway (about 60mph).

It just lost power and had to be pulled over. The RAC man could not find the fault and towed us home.

When turning the engine over it seems to turn fast as if no compression but no sign of starting.

The fan belt seems to be turning everything crank etc. and no sign of oil or water leaking.

It isn't an expensive car so doesn't warrant running up big bills therefore I am wary of taking it to a dealer before having some idea of my problem.

Can anyone help or give advice?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Timing belt symptoms

Thanks for your reply.
The belt seems to be in place and turning everything. Is there something I should check to find the fault?

·
2,778 Posts
Hi..I think you are looking at the auxillary belt..'alternator belt' not the 'cam belt' (timing belt) that is usually behind a plastic cover....they can break ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies.
The outer auxiliary belt is working.
I have removed the top plastic cover next to the cylinder head and the inner belt appears to be turning (what I presume is the cam shaft). The teeth are all in place and not slipping.

·
Registered
5 Posts
feedback

This a classic thread that needs the original poster to make the effort to feedback to the people who took the time to assist.....now we will never know the solution to this issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This sounds like the problem with my car. How do I check the timings with pins? Is there a sticky you can point me to? Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts