Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For about 2 weeks now my Peaugeot 206 has been playing up. Sometimes the engine starts straight away. But alot of times the engine won't start and I have to bump-start it. I can turn the key a hundred times and I don't hear a click or anything. Then it has to be bumped. The problem is on and off. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's not.

I was thinking that perhaps a loose connection was to blame, because sometimes it does start without the bump-start which it wouldn't do if something was actually broken.

Anyone else ever have these problems for a 206? Any suggestions on what this could be?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
206: problems starting the engine

For about 2 weeks now my Peaugeot 206 has been playing up. Sometimes the engine starts straight away. But alot of times the engine won't start and I have to bump-start it. I can turn the key and I don't hear a click or anything. Then it has to be bumped. The problem is on and off. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's not.

I was thinking that perhaps a loose connection was to blame, because sometimes it does start without the bump-start which it wouldn't do if something was actually broken.

Anyone else ever have these problems for a 206? Any suggestions on what this could be?

This is actually quite urgent as I need this car to help move my 8 months pregnant sister around.

·
Registered
122 Posts
its not, its located lower thats all and takes patience to get to, ive had no problem changing and checking mine in the past, the easiest way to get to it i have found is to jack the front end and put it on axle stands. Then you will gain easier and safer access. Regards whistler

1 - 5 of 5 Posts