Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought my 206 and am doing some cleaning up, as it were. I managed to get the spare wheel released and my dad is curious as to whether the wheel is correct.

Can anyone tell me what wheel it should have as the one in is a space saver and had an old air filter stuffed behind it to stop it from rattling around!

Attachments

· Registered
2,026 Posts
I think it depends on the year, my first 206 which was on an 03 plate had a full size spare wheel but my second on a 56 plate had a spacesaver with a metal "springy" type part to take up the space and stop it rattling about. I would think the previous owner of yours has lost the "springy" part and that would explain the old air filter!

· Registered
2,540 Posts
The rack has to take a full size, because, once you have fitted the spare, you need to put replaced wheel into the spare stowage.

That leads to the question - "Why have a spacesaver?". The answer is that it is actually a weightsaver, which makes the car use less fuel and may even result in the vehicle going into a lower VED bracket. If you don't care about the weight, you can just buy a full size instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.