Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello lads ,

my 206 has just started shaking on my side at 45 and stops at 70, the gear stick rocks back and forth like a jelly, could this be the tyre balance?

The tyres are 2 months old all four.

could it be engine mount? I can feel i slightly through the steering wheel ,most shake is gear stick back and forth, stops at 70.
Any advice would be great at this stage thank you.

T

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
May well be balance you could have lost a balance weight Local tire place will check for you Could be other reasons though Just ask them to check it out explain the symptoms

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have u checked the wheel nuts are tight? Should b re tightened/ checked after 100miles! ive had loose nuts before but normally symptoms of noise would go on acceleration or braking, if nuts were ok i would take it back to the garage who replaced the tyres and ask them to see if anything obvious has happened like a missing counter weight, ect. You haven't clipped any curbs or caused any damage to the alloys or steel rim in the last few weeks? They did balancing and tracking on the car afterwards right??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

Hello there guys,

Its going into the garage tyre place they will look at it, they seem to think its balance too, the car was borrowed and i noticed the drivers side hub scraped and cracked, they denied it , so what could i do seems more vibration on my side too.

Its going in Saturday morning to be checked so hopeful it will be ok,let you all know.:D

Now the airbag light is on all the time i give up .:nono:
Thanks for all your help hope its tyre then i can sleep again at night ha .

Many many thanks fingers crossed .:thumb:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I would be worried by the airbag light
With it on I think it will not deploy in the event of an Impact ,You really need to get it on a diagnostic test

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi

Yes i know dad will check under seats for loose connection and if not the comm2000 will be checked weekend , talk about rain on my parade .:eek:

Thanks

P

·
0 Posts
Yes i know dad will check under seats for loose connection and if not the comm2000 will be checked weekend , talk about rain on my parade .:eek:

Thanks
Brothers 206 had the airbag light. Some twonk had kick the plug under seat and damaged it. I'd start there first.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts

Thanks
Well that should be very high on your list of priorities It is a safety device which in its present state May not save your life (Sorry if that sounds harsh)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi

Yes it is be sure of that its being looked at at 3 today , cant do a lot until get in .
Thats what makes think what about these classic cars or cars that dont have airbags in them people still drive them dont they ? Always think how do they get away with it ?

No your not being harsh, a lot people say that when airbag lights come on ,i have also heard people say they have know many airbags that in accident have hurt or worse to people when they have deployed .

Yes got my checklist ready thanks guys . :nod:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Yes it is be sure of that its being looked at at 3 today , cant do a lot until get in .
Thats what makes think what about these classic cars or cars that dont have airbags in them people still drive them dont they ? Always think how do they get away with it ?

No your not being harsh, a lot people say that when airbag lights come on ,i have also heard people say they have know many airbags that in accident have hurt or worse to people when they have deployed .

Yes got my checklist ready thanks guys . :nod:
Ah but how do people Know that it would not be even worse with no airbag My old Triumph 2000 had an Aluminum and wood wheel
I would not have liked my head going into that In an accident

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah but how do people Know that it would not be even worse with no airbag My old Triumph 2000 had an Aluminum and wood wheel
I would not have liked my head going into that In an accident

Dont worry have a riding hat to hand, Joke aside , yes when get in later will get it checked its mot is due end September so i wont leave it . How it passed last year with it on i have no idea , i didnt own car then .

right got go speak laters ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hello

Hello

right there are n wires under seats at all so its all done in the comm2000 even if replaced it might have to be cleared on a machine as the light may still come on . i also found this on net there are loads more and i was shocked i never liked them any way but thought you might all like to be aware of . its not to scare just be cautious of them what they Could do .

Airbags Information | Vehicle Safety Advice & Information | Road Safety | RoSPA

Also the wheels nothing wrong they jacked it up and spotted what we saw, the engine mounting rubber cracked and the engine and gearbox SWINGS like a candle in the wind . and that is causing it they say the garage,
so ordered the rubber the drive shaft goes through the top metal thing and the rubber goes in a hole Underneath . Driveshaft engine mounting

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts