Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a dilemma, I have an offer for 1/1 exchange, my 2.0 HDi for 2.0 16v s16.
Only problem is that the s16 has a cooling fan connected to a switch inside of the cabin. Should that be a big issue to fix, so I wouldn't have to look at the temp gauge while driving ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you search the forum you find a lot of info about cooling fan - very common problem with corrosion, broken relays or wires. If temp gauge is working so is it most likely problem with the relays to the fan - indication of that is the switch to bypass non-working relays or wires. Had that problem on my own 206, one wire had corroded - wasn't visible but noticed it when disconnecting a connector. So probably not a big fault, most work is to get to the relays but there's many guides for that.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The very early 206 has a separate wiring loom for the cooling fan, relays & resistor - it has a large multiplug that connects to the engine compartment loom.

Later 206 have a complete engine compartment loom including the cooling fan.

I have in the past repaired a later car with this early loom as it's pretty cheap as a spare part.

You need to change the cooling fan motor connector plug, cut the main loom plug of & then solder / heat shrink it on to your cars original loom - the wire colours don't match up so you need to trace the wires to get them correct.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Decided to skip the exchange, fan switch was the smallest of problems.

Gearbox or gearstick have alot of problems, barely get's into gears, gearstick literally jumps up a bit, making it impossible to shift gears before you hit it back down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts