Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I am from South Africa and is in desperate need of help.

Five months ago I took my lovely 206RC (looks like you guys also know it as the 206 GTi 180) to the dealers to sort out a hissing/leaking sound apparently close to the exhaust manifold. The dealer thought it was a crack in the manifold and I told him it can't be as the vehicle had only 40 000km on the clock when the problem occurred (bought it new two years prior) and that manifolds usually outlast an engine (accept for turbo motors, which in anycase does not need to be replaced).
Luckily after three months they realized that piston three had no compression (I requested a pressure test that has not been done before as I was told). Now after month five that I have not been able to drive my car as it is still at the dealers the car has been started after replacing the burnt valve and the parts that work together with the valve. It has been two days since I drove the car myself and parked it at the dealers for further investigation.
The mechanic working on my car has also seen that the engine management system has placed the engine in "safe mode", he has contacted PMSA (Peugeot Motors South Africa) which is useless by the way as I am still waiting on them for a call back since August 2007, to help them in explaining how to remove this as the car has not that extra power "boost" at a certain revs, the power seems to be the same throughout the rev climb.

My question is this, do we have to drive the car for a certain amount of kilometers (like a run in of the motor) to get it out of "safe mode" or is there something that can be done? I need my car back desperately.

Any suggestions or help will be appreciated as service seems to have deteriated in this country all of a sudden.

Thank you,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if anyone were interested, the timing were off, don't know by how much as i embarressed the dealer as i asked him to double check the timing but he did not. Pug H/O SA sorted it out for them. Needless to say that a dealer will never see me again unless i will get me a new pug.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts