Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 206 and the passenger side wing mirror glass is loose. I've had a look behind it and cant seem to see how to stop it wobbling about?

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
37 Posts
There's a few clips on the rear of the glass that clip into the mirror. It might just be unclipped or they could be broken. Try applying some pressure on the glass pushing it towards the wing mirror but be careful not to break the glass. It could also be a non genuine replacement glass. They just stick on and may possibly just need re-stuck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for the reply, I've had a look and think its a broken clip. The glass appears genuine and attached as it moves when I use the electric controls, I'll have a look about replacing the clip

·
Registered
122 Posts
with the ring of plastic that attaches to the motor mechanism for chaning.

I've just replaced my broken mirror, the new one has four little clips that clip to the ring that moves.

the old one was held in place by some wire, that locked it into place.

to see if you have the wire one of the spring/wire held one adjust your mirror to point as inwards as possible, then push it a little bit more, you'll see a couple of bits of wire poking out that you can unclip to remove the glass (then it's the spring wire), if you see no clips then you likely have the four little clips that should secure it to the moving boss part.

(and if the clips are loose or broken) then you'll probably want a new bit of glass as the clips are glued to the back) -good news is that they are really cheap off ebay, I paid £7.99 including free delivery for a heated mirror glass, that just popped straight in and has been fine/not loose/moving ever since.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Thanks ever so much for the help, ill definitely try checking that before buying anything, hopefully I should be able to get it fixed properly now with the advice that you have given. Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts