Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone help me I'm looking for a locking wheel nut key for my Peugeot 206 hdi bought the car but didn't come with a key has genuine locking wheel nuts on it can anyone help me in finding the code for it ??

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Personally I wouldn't bother. For the cost of a new key you could take it to a decent tyre place, get them all removed and either replace with standard bolts or get an after market set. I'd put normal bolts on, they're cheap enough from a scrapyard and usually left lying around on the floor and let's face it, nobody is going to steal a set of standard Peugeot alloys.

The likely reason for the key missing is because like most keys that get used, it failed and either the pins got damaged or fell out or it damaged the locking bolts.

Are you certain it isn't there - it's normally found somewhere on the toolkit holder in the spare wheel. It may be somwhere on the side - not necessarily in the top.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Locking wheel nuts

I'm not bothered by replacing them I just want to get them off the car has no mot so was thinking of doing it myself but I just need a key to get them off can't use a locking wheel nut key remover because it sheeea the end off

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
It's still possible with the end broken off. It's possible but difficult ti grip the shoulder of the bolt with the right tool but the can be drilled (long and difficult job) or even weld a nut or bolt onto the head og the original bolt then undo it with a windy gun / socket and breaker bar.

You would need to take your V5 to the dealer and order a new key for the VIN. They would then order it from France and when it arrives a couple of weeks later they would relieve you of a fair amount of money. If the original key has damaged any of the wheel bolts then you will still have difficulties getting the bolts out.

Maybe worth contacting a mobile tyre business of mobile mechanic to find out if they do locking wheel bolt removal and getting them to come round and do the job for you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i drilled out one of mine,i used a 4mm then 6mm 8 mm then 10mm drill bits,then used an easyout to get it off,found it easier to go up in drill sizes rather than batter straight in with a 10 mm drill bit.as someone said its a long winded job

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
There are a few lads on Ebay selling the keys, I got one for our Renault from a chap selling Toyota keys by sending him a picture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts