Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi guys, im new to the forum, i own a Peugeot 206 1.1 (04), 40k miles. Having the following issues:

*Car cuts out occasionally whilst driving, everything just goes dead

*Engine management light comes on occasionally, comes on for a second or 2 and goes off

*Recently, the sidelights on the right hand side of car stopped working (front and back), i checked all the fuses and they were fine, then last night, the lights all of a sudden started to work, not knowing when i turned the car off and taken keys out of ignition, the front right side light, the rear right sidelight and the number plate lights remain on constantly. I now have to disconnect the battery to stop it draining as the lights are constantly on....im thinking BSI unit needs replacing in stalk?

*The center console heater lights stopped working, but again it started working suddenly last night and now remain on constantly

*Happens rarely, but does occur, turn car off, and radio keeps on bleeping (whilst being on) for about 20minutes then goes

I am guessing ECU problem? if so/not is this going to be expensive to fix? as if we are talking thousands im not sure what to do

Any information/help would be appreicated. thankyou

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if anyone has an answer for any of them problems please let me know, really would appreciate it. thanks :thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply mate, do you know the rough amount the BSI units are going for? where would be the best place to get one?

G

·
Dunno, £500 or more from the dealer, less from a breakers or ebay, but you then need it fitted and programmed.

I'd get it properly diagnosed before spending out on one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Snap

I am having the same problem with the same car... 1.1 04plate. I have had many ECU test and no fault is ever recorded! If you find out anything, can you let me know please x

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i shall Jade, did a diagnostics on the car, gave the following fault codes:

P0606 PCM Processor Fault
P0204 Injection Circuit Malfunction - Cylinder 4
P0201 Injection Circuit Malfunction - Cylinder 1
P0351 Ignition Coil A Primary/Seconday Circuit Malfunction

So gathered this isnt an ECU failure.....also after further reading into it if i get the injections 1 and 4 fixed, the processor fault should disappear....no idea about the ignition coil fault!

The electrical problem is still nowhere to being sorted :( Now this morning the brake lights are constantly staying on! any ideas guys?

Plan is to get the injectors fixed, then on to the electrical problems

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having exactly the same problem with my lights on my 1.1 206 zest. Front right sidelight, right hand rear light, number plate late and heater panel control all stuck on.

Did you manage to get to the bottom of the problem?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Problem was the BSI unit, apparantly they go often on the 206's, cost around the £400 mark from dealer, sorted it out, sold the car straight after

1 - 9 of 9 Posts