Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok I had similar problem. Check fuel pressure, remove cap from fuel rail, like tyre valve. Ignition off and no smoking or flame due to fire risk . Also do not have key in ignition!!!. Release fuel from valve using valve cap reversed and pvc glove. Some fuel should be released if ok. May have air in line if leaks or fuel low.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cold weather may be clue you need to work on. Temperature sensor may be defective or poor electric connection. Locate and check / spray WD.
Resistance can go out of range and so no fuel enrichment= no start. Spray easy start to check spark etc.

·
Registered
52 Posts
As i checked on internet coolant sensor value goes higher at cold.So if i put parallel resistor through the socket of the sensor maybe car works?Maybe a 5k resistor? I will also check the resistance of sensor by my multimeter tomorrow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Your auto electrician would use odb and view direct reading. Sensor resistance value will have a specific range ohms and voltage reading with ignition on. Both these values will indicate but I do not have knowledge of this area. My guess is 5 k in a 3-5volt might be wrong. I have come across this type of sensor confusing ecu by being out of range and not showing as fault. Sensor was faulty at low temp. Good luck . Please let us know if you get a result.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi.Good news!.I removed coolant temperature sensor and measured its resistance.It is about 9500 ohms and weather temperature is about 8 celcius degree.I connected socket and car worked!.Maybe there is a problem between Ecu and coolant temp sensor.I am very happy now.
Is there any graph about resistance value of sensor vs temperature for 206? Thank you!

·
Registered
13 Posts
As i checked on internet coolant sensor value goes higher at cold.So if i put parallel resistor through the socket of the sensor maybe car works?Maybe a 5k resistor? I will also check the resistance of sensor by my multimeter tomorrow.
Try this on YouTube
For testing sensor
Good luck
Hi.Good news!.I removed coolant temperature sensor and measured its resistance.It is about 9500 ohms and weather temperature is about 8 celcius degree.I connected socket and car worked!.Maybe there is a problem between Ecu and coolant temp sensor.I am very happy now.
Is there any graph about resistance value of sensor vs temperature for 206? Thank you!
Hey, great feeling. The YouTube link seems to suggest reverse scheme. Technical details of correct range should be in a repair manual for your car. Just a word of caution, the fault may just be a poor contact at the plug, WD40 and clean any surface corrosion. Also buy a new sensor to compare resistance range. This sensor may not affect running mixture just cold start and temp gauge but I am only guessing. See what the gauge does with disconnect.
Cheers

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi.Today bad news.I run the car today and took my daughter from school and then went to the market.When i go out from market and tried to start car it did not work again.(car was a little hot) Is it because of starter magnets weakness or solenoid of starter?Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you think this same problem again, engine turns over ok but does not start.
If you have changed temperature sensor for a new one.?
If not the mixture for starting may be the problem if sensor reads cold. Hot engine will then flood easily and not start. You would be best to buy a code reader.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi.I already have a code reader and i read and removed some codes in the past.And also i checked 3 days ago and it says there is no fault code.But now it sometimes lights on and sometimes not.
And i already changed coolant temp sensor about 2 years ago and when i read resistance in hot today i see 450ohms so it seems it is working(9500 ohms in 8celcius and 450ohms in hot,maybe 80celcius degree)
I am 70% sure it is about starter motor or its selenoid.What do you think WD40 spraying to selenoid?

·
11,775 Posts
You need a proper Planet diagnostic.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi.Will look for planet but i could connect Obd2 and it shows no error.I do not hear humming noise from fuel pump.Maybe fuel pump relay problem? How can i test it ? Maybe fuel pump does not work in cold sometimes?Or relay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, fuel pump humming sounds good, raise seat rear sit in car , pump primes system humming for 10-15 seconds when ignition first switches on and then stops. Fuel pump fault would affect car when running.
Cold may affect any electrical connection. Including ecu. Disconnect and spray wd 40 clean if needed - reconnect may clear this fault if it was there. Intermittent faults very difficult to prove. Fuel pressure problem will show in OBD!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Four wires at pump. 2 are for sender to fuel gauge . 2 for pump. You need wiring scheme to test if pump fault . But first be sure no fuel is reason for no start . Spray ‘easy start’into air intake . engine should at least fire for a second. Pump will not prime every time also time delay before repeat .

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi.I removed connector of fuel pump and give 12v to big connectors in the right.when i connect 12v there In the past it ejaculated fuel but there is nothing now.It seems fuel pump is gone.Can i remove it and change its motor ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Remove all trace of petrol and cover fuel pipes, serious harm risk of fire . You need 2 wires for circuits batt+ and ground- retest pump with avo for resistance ohms

21 - 40 of 40 Posts