Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've got a 05 plate 206 which i have had from new. A few weeks ago i started having intermittent starting problems no problems with battery as this has just been changed. I booked the vehicle into the Peugeot dealership to sort out the fault and also to service the vehicle at the same time. They advised me that I required an ignition coil pack replacement which I had done at £300! Plus my service at £170.00. Since getting the vehicle back I have experienced the same problem on 3 occasions where the car will not start and have therefore got it booked back in the garage tomorrow as it seems quite clear to me that the fault has not been rectified. How do I stand with the garage will I be expected to shell more money out even though they haven’t rectified the original fault.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure. They carried out complete major service as well as fitting new coil starter ignition pack when it was in last Thursday. When the problem started i called green flag out and they seemed to think it was a fuel problem as when he sprayed fuel it started straight up.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Ask them for your fault code list which they would have done the first time and if not tell them to give you one now to see what faults are coming up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took my car back into the dealers yesterday. They have sorted out the judder which they said was because my throttle was set at 90%???? Does seem to be running better. They couldn't replicate the non starting fault and thought it could be something to do with the throttle so was told all was good.

Took car away not convinced and guess what it didn't start again last night and i had the same problem this morning with non starting. I have since phoned the garage again to re-book it in for the 3rd time and explained the situation and they advised that they cannot find any reason for the fault as no fault codes are showing up on the system.

They have asked if they can have the car for a couple of days to see if they can replicate the fault. Tbh this is starting to stress me out as i never know whether it is going to start or not:mad: Oh and they can't do it until the 14th July! What are my rights?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Intermittent Starting Problem Peugeot 20; 2003; 1.4

Took my car back into the dealers yesterday. They have sorted out the judder which they said was because my throttle was set at 90%???? Does seem to be running better. They couldn't replicate the non starting fault and thought it could be something to do with the throttle so was told all was good.

Took car away not convinced and guess what it didn't start again last night and i had the same problem this morning with non starting. I have since phoned the garage again to re-book it in for the 3rd time and explained the situation and they advised that they cannot find any reason for the fault as no fault codes are showing up on the system.

They have asked if they can have the car for a couple of days to see if they can replicate the fault. Tbh this is starting to stress me out as i never know whether it is going to start or not:mad: Oh and they can't do it until the 14th July! What are my rights?
Hi Anniem, was reading your posts and it seems that is have same probles as you had on my Peugeot 206, year 2003 1.4. i'm having Intermittent Starting Problem. would like to know if you have solved the problem? if yes, how did they solve it? beacuse i already took it to the dealer and reprogramed the immobilzer but still same problem & doing it intermittent... please help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Dave

Peugeot did some diagnostics and changed my ignition coil pack as they said that was faulty. However, after taking it away still had same intermittent problems. Was backwards and forwards from Peugeot with the vehicle. Ended up one day where it just wouldn't start so i got the vehicle recovered back to the garage and told them to keep it until it was sorted. Also at this point got peugeot uk involved as i was sick and tired of the running about. The dealer had my vehicle for about a week and after a MANUAL inspection they found that i needed a new Solenoid pack as that had melted when my coil pack had blown. I also needed 2 new sensors which had also been damaged.

From what i have read on the net about this it seems to be quite a common problem with peugeot. Think there is major issues with the ECU's in these vehicles. Never again would i have a peugeot.

Hope you get sorted.

xx

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm not sure. They carried out complete major service as well as fitting new coil starter ignition pack when it was in last Thursday. When the problem started i called green flag out and they seemed to think it was a fuel problem as when he sprayed fuel it started straight up.
Hi folks, lazy starter, cold weather problem. Same problem . Definitely not battery easy just test it ! ODB diagnostics can’t see the rust under wiring lugs. Your coil pack may have a fault but it wasn’t causing this fault on its own. The agent has a vested interest in poor service ( sell a new car) cold shrinks metal parts and thereby loosens lug clamp pressure especially at hot starter motor +. Earth straps etc

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi.3 weeks ago i wanted to start the car,it seems it cranks but not worked.I left the car alone and tried to start it and it started next day.After 1 week problemless driving one morning it cranked again but not worked.I thought battery is weak and charged it at home.And put battery in the car and it worked again.I drove 1 week without problem again and then it did not work again in the morning.I removed the battery again(2 year old varta 60ah) Charged it with pulse mode.I put it in the car but it did not work.Cranks but not starts.I connected it to OBD2 but no fault seems there.
What can be the problem?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Probably solenoid fault- change or refurb at auto electrician, his experience is worth £40 to fix starter. Or 25 for salvage spare...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi.Thanks for answer.AL4 Solenoid valves changed with new parts about 8 months ago.Sorry are you talking about another solenoids?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok , so you say cranks but no start, if the engine cranks slowly or struggles to turn over, then it is starter problem ( solenoid,wiring or other mechanical starter motor problem)
If cranks normally ( which you may never hear if starts ‘instantly’ in normal use then does not start, problem may be flooded plugs due to plug condition poor air filter or minor service issue. Battery will then be reduced capacity after cranking so leave for 30 seconds or more press throttle fully without pumping and crank again for max 2-3 secs.
Solenoid referred to is main actuator and part of starter motor. Other solenoids may have other uses.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Or it could be the transponder chip in the key.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Your key maker? So did you get a new key before this started happening then?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I fully chargedbattery and tried but not works again.It is not about selenoid relay of starter because it seems starter works.And when i hold key close to lock it beeps.When i hold the old key which lost 2 years ago it also beeps.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts