Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fairly new to the 206.

Has anyone got any ideas why the speedometer AND engine rev gauges should work intermittently. Perhaps a loose connection somewhere - any tips where to look? Are these two gauges connected somehow? At the moment the speedo is not working while the rev gauge is fine but earlier it was the other way round.

I have jacked the front of the car up onto axle stands and unplugged the speedometer gauge plug from the housing at the inner end of the driver's side drive shaft thinking the connector might not have been firmly in its place or damaged but visually it looked fine. I sprayed some WD40 on it in case this could improve connection and then firmly plugged it back in but no change.

I couldn't find anything in the Haynes manual about rev counter but maybe they just call it something else so I couldn't find it?

Thanks for any help/ideas. :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Instrument cluster

Sorry to hear of your problems, but I had the speedo giving intermitant readings. It had to have a new cluster over 400 quid, I was still under warrenty. When I bought it I asked why the milage was low and was told the previous owner was out of the country a lot, now I am begining to wonder, also have a fuel guage that refuses to register more than 3/4 full and the radio comes on when it feels like it. I have had the car for 2 years, its a 2001 XT110 1.6 (in Spain)auto, the cluster and fuel guage probs were from when I first bought it. Otherwise its a good car and as good at acceleration as my Vectra 2.5 V6.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Cosmic37 said:
I'm fairly new to the 206.

Has anyone got any ideas why the speedometer AND engine rev gauges should work intermittently. Perhaps a loose connection somewhere - any tips where to look? Are these two gauges connected somehow? At the moment the speedo is not working while the rev gauge is fine but earlier it was the other way round.

I have jacked the front of the car up onto axle stands and unplugged the speedometer gauge plug from the housing at the inner end of the driver's side drive shaft thinking the connector might not have been firmly in its place or damaged but visually it looked fine. I sprayed some WD40 on it in case this could improve connection and then firmly plugged it back in but no change.

I couldn't find anything in the Haynes manual about rev counter but maybe they just call it something else so I couldn't find it?

Thanks for any help/ideas. :thumb:

sounds as though there might be a fault with a pcb or the voltage stabiliser (as the dash runs off 10v not 12v). :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts