Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, could anyone advise me what I need to repair a faulty indicator mechanism on a 1.1 V reg 206. The indicator arm, when it is cancelled after indicating left, starts indicating right, and occasionally starts indicating right for no reason. Can I get a replacement part online, and are they easy enough to fit ?
Thanks.

G

·
Hi

It sounds like a classic COMM2000 failure.

The COMM2000 unit is a combined part that is your wiper and indicator stalks, along with other controlling electronics.

The earlier units fail and are quire expensive. They can be picked up for £100-£150 new, but make sure you get the right unit for your car as there are MANY variants.

New from peugeot, they will probably cost you £250 plus fitting.

You may just choose to live with the problem....

David

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
As bestgear says they are expensive, the same problem is on the pre-2004 307`s i have one and will live with it rather than pay that kind of money,
you can check the scrapyard but every one i have been to have had the comm2000 stripped out of them, like gold-dust it seems.:(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BestGear said:
Hi

It sounds like a classic COMM2000 failure.

The COMM2000 unit is a combined part that is your wiper and indicator stalks, along with other controlling electronics.

The earlier units fail and are quire expensive. They can be picked up for £100-£150 new, but make sure you get the right unit for your car as there are MANY variants.

New from peugeot, they will probably cost you £250 plus fitting.

You may just choose to live with the problem....

David
Oh, ok. Thanks for that. Looks like we'll have to try to get shut of it. It's my wife's car which we bought 3 yrs ago, and it was fine for the first 18 months, but then started a fault where the engine cuts out for no reason. I did ask the question about this on here last year, but there was a resounding silence. I've since found out that it's a common fault which nobody, including Peugeot, knows how to fix. People have paid hundreds for new electroic parts, only to have it start happening again weeks later. In our particular case, it always starts again straight away, so we've been living with it. But now with this indicator fault, I think we'll have to put it in auction, as I don't want anyone coming back to us if we sell it in the ordinary way. It's a crying shame, as it's only got 50,000 on the clock. I don't suppose you've heard of a miracle cure for this fault ??

·
Registered
239 Posts
if your skilled enough to go into the unit to find the fault ( probably the computer board ) ill bet people have done that before today ive been scanning the Internet for this sort of thing so ill be ready for it when it happens but nothing found as yet

G

·
Hi

I have disected a couple now... as part of another "project".

There are a few variants that will allow exchange of components so its possible to repair various issues.

There are a few things that are exchangeable:

• Repair either wiper or indicator stalk
  • Main PCB
  • Steering angle sensor
  • Airbag wiring

For me - this can let you add front fogs and trip computer if you dont have them....cheaply!

At least with this, if you buy a unit off ebay that has a duff airbag cable, you could swap out with your own.

Please remember to choose your donor unit carefully, as there are moulding differences.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you

Thank you both for that. I don't really have the technology to fix anything like that myself. However, my eldest son has found a replacement part which will hopefully fix the indicator problem ( £30 from a breakers yard, with a 3 month warranty, so fingers crossed ) and we'll live with the cutting out problem a bit longer - my wife only tootles round town in it, so it's not so bad. It's the most annoying fault though, as it can go 3 months without cutting out, and then cut out 3 times on the same day.
Ta

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys, I have this issue on my 307, and I have been choosing to live with it. The issue with mine is mechanical though and it seems that the indicator stalk is 'over cancelled' and sometime not only switches of my indicator when straightening up but will carry on and turn on the opposite indicator.

My question is that I have chosen to live with this yet I have just had an MOT fail because of this - can they do that? Is it an MOT requirement for them to check the cancelling of indicators? I thought they would just check that they work or not.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Over here you stay in the drivers seat and they ask you to perform each task like checking indicators, but if they are to fail you on this it would be a case of failing every 307 built between 02 and 04 because they all do this , i think you should have a case here or at least try somewhere else that knows about this fault.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the reply and confirming my thoughts! Thing is they then tried to tell me that because of this they need to replace the whole coms 2000 unit, said it was a common fault and then wanted to charge me £270 + VAT to fit this. Although it's true it's a common fault, to think someone else might have paid that when it really wasn't a requirement to pass :eek:

Obviously after looking on ebay I can get a brand new unit for ~£100 and change this myself which I said to the lady on the phone that I would do and then bring it back for a retest to which they said I'd have to pay full price for! Even the failure certificate that they give you states they can only charge you maximum of half the MOT test fee! :rolleyes:

As this is a failure in the mechanism though and not an electrical issue I might try disassembling the unit and finding out why it's over-cancelling. Anyone tried this?

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Look through "Bestgears" posts he`s done this (but hes not around at the minute but try emailing him he might get that), the only other thing is if you change the com2ooo unit you have to get it programed to the car ,unless you know someone with peugeot planet diagnostics it`s a dealer job.

ps i have a faulty one it`s crap and dangerous but i`m not spending the money on it.

pps take loads of photos if you go ahead would like to know how you get on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
All is well and good now, just fixed the horn and they passed it! 4 weeks of hard work and nearly another grand has paid off and it's finally on the road again.

Spent the whole of saturday out on the driveway in the rain fixing various things like drop links, headlight alignment... even took down the magic tree air freshener as it failed MOT because of that too :rolleyes: Had every finger crossed it would pass!

I like my 307 but after having to spend nearly £2000 in a year on repairs I think it's time to get something a little more reliable! Wish I'd listened to those internet reviews in the first place!

It's all thanks to this forum that it only cost £2k though and not £3k+ so thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Good stuff sorry you got a bad one , update on the comm2000 it doesn`t need coded to car straight swap will do , just put new alloys on mine and new headlights and it`s got nearly 210,000 miles on clock must be mad but i love my pug.;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts