Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to all i serviced my pug 206 hdi 1.4 on friday all oils and filters but the car is now down on power you can put your foot down all the way and the car is flat it picks up speed but really slow just wondering if anyone out there has had the same problem or can anyone suggest anything its driving me around the bend!!!!

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
hmmm... so your exhaust is letting smoke out, you just cant see it...if you normally see white smoke when you start off it is just water/condensation...anywayz...

did you put the filter housing on correctly (used rubber ring thing) and tightly, air filter in right way and secured in properly. correct amount of oil, and correct oil?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as per your reply i have changed the fuel filter but i dont understand about what you are saying about the rubber thing for the fuel filter,ive put the fuel lines on 1screw the outer clamp(half circle)and the water drainage tube ive doubled checked cant see anything.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
when you change the oil filter you should get a rubber seal ring to go with. this replaces the seal on the plastic housing that you take off

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
oh right i understand that ive changed that seal when i changed the oil filter im being told it possibly in limp mode any ideas?i have done a bsi reset this afternoon the car has got a bit more poke but when it reaches 70mph it just stays there will not go anymore!!!!

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
yeah it sounds about right, if you cant get more than 2000 revs and takes about a decade to get to 30 mph...thats limp mode... i have only got it the once and that was with the engine management light. a BSI reset may help...but cannot say for definate

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.