Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last week I notice my 1.1 04-reg 206 didn't start straight away like it normally does, I had to turn it for a few sec, this happen for a few days then went back to normal, but this morning I could not start it, I kelp trying and it eventually it worked, after work I had the same but this time it would not start, so I call a mate to come and tow me, while I waited I tried again let it turn for a about 10sec and it started, i left it running for a min and it cut out, turned the key and it started straight away and got me home. and help pls john

Update: i just took it our for a run and now it keeps stalling, but because of the speed i was doing the car started instantly, so it was going off and coming back on, but if i slowed down it wouldn't and i have to jump it as i was going fast enough to do so, when i got back home it stalled and would not start, i tried it again 3 mins later and it started

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have put another coil pack and an idle control valve, it runs like normal for about 10 miles then starts cutting out i can get home if i rev the engine when slowing down or jumping it, Whats next could it be :confused:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Might be losing timing. Try a new crank/cam position sensor (whichever your engine has). They can be susceptible in hot weather when they get old.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might be losing timing. Try a new crank/cam position sensor (whichever your engine has). They can be susceptible in hot weather when they get old.
Nice one Ian it was the crank position sensor fitted a new one and it works great now :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts