Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
They're nice, good fun and economical. The early ones had the pre-FAP HDi motor and they're the ones to go for.

Engines are fairly strong, although early ones suffered turbo failures and camshaft carrier oil leaks - any surviving now should've either been sorted, or else be not afflicted. Otherwise, it's just standard 206 things to look for, such as electrics, rear beams, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chopper1192 said:
They're nice, good fun and economical. The early ones had the pre-FAP HDi motor and they're the ones to go for.

Engines are fairly strong, although early ones suffered turbo failures and camshaft carrier oil leaks - any surviving now should've either been sorted, or else be not afflicted. Otherwise, it's just standard 206 things to look for, such as electrics, rear beams, etc.

What's the pre FAP?? I was looking at a 2005 model. what one will this be?

G

·
IE, an earlier one with no particulate filter. I don't know the years, so just have a look under the car.

If you're sensible you'll be investing in an AA/RAC check, and they'll be able to tell you.

G

·
It's a horrendously expensive item to maintain and service as the car ages, so if you can get one without you miss out on a lot of expense and hassle. Otherwise, it makes little difference to the cars performance or economy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chopper1192 said:
It's a horrendously expensive item to maintain and service as the car ages, so if you can get one without you miss out on a lot of expense and hassle. Otherwise, it makes little difference to the cars performance or economy.

i'm lokking at getting the 206 gti hdi 1.6 will it be on these or just the 2.0? sorry about all the questions

G

·
It'll be on the later 1.6 (DV6BTED4) HDis. I'm not 100% certain, but I think the 2.0 HDi (DW10TD) was discontinued on the 206 long before particulate filters were introduced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts