Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ladies 'n' Gents,

Gotta problem with my 206 GTi. It's a 2000 (W), and I've owned it for a couple of months. When bought it I noted that the pads needed replacing as they were down to the min on the back and the brake warning light came on whilst test driving it. I sourced a nice set of grooved discs and EBC pads. These were fitted last weekend with no problems and the brakes seem fine.

However ever since I've owned the car I've noticed that the ABS is very keen to cut in, even on surfaces where you would not expect it. Having replaced all the discs and pads I've also noticed that the brake warning light still keeps coming on on occasion. (Plenty fluid in the resevoir - thanks!)

Yesterday while driving home I pulled into my road, and there was a strange buzzing noise coming from behind the dash. Strange I thought. Couldn;t work out what it was until I braked at the end of the road. The ABS was coming on constantly ... even without my foot on the pedal!! When the car stopped, the buzzing went away and all appeared fine. It was ok on the drive in this morning too ... but the warning lamp still comes on during the trip in.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
862 Posts
ripface said:
Hi Ladies 'n' Gents,

Gotta problem with my 206 GTi. It's a 2000 (W), and I've owned it for a couple of months. When bought it I noted that the pads needed replacing as they were down to the min on the back and the brake warning light came on whilst test driving it. I sourced a nice set of grooved discs and EBC pads. These were fitted last weekend with no problems and the brakes seem fine.

However ever since I've owned the car I've noticed that the ABS is very keen to cut in, even on surfaces where you would not expect it. Having replaced all the discs and pads I've also noticed that the brake warning light still keeps coming on on occasion. (Plenty fluid in the resevoir - thanks!)

Yesterday while driving home I pulled into my road, and there was a strange buzzing noise coming from behind the dash. Strange I thought. Couldn;t work out what it was until I braked at the end of the road. The ABS was coming on constantly ... even without my foot on the pedal!! When the car stopped, the buzzing went away and all appeared fine. It was ok on the drive in this morning too ... but the warning lamp still comes on during the trip in.

Any ideas?
check the ABS ring at the end of the driveshaft,sometimes these split or break. Also check the abs sensors are fitted properly after fitting the new pads & discs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmmm

the moose said:
check the ABS ring at the end of the driveshaft,sometimes these split or break. Also check the abs sensors are fitted properly after fitting the new pads & discs.
Hi Moose,

I didn't touch the ABS sensors whilst replacing the discs and pads. Are they easily dislodged? I guess the ABS ring is the toothed wheel that sits inboard of the discs. I'll check the four corners and make sure they're AOK.

Thanks for the tip.

Cheers,
Ripface.

·
Registered
862 Posts
ripface said:
Hi Moose,

I didn't touch the ABS sensors whilst replacing the discs and pads. Are they easily dislodged? I guess the ABS ring is the toothed wheel that sits inboard of the discs. I'll check the four corners and make sure they're AOK.

Thanks for the tip.

Cheers,
Ripface.

They can be dislodged and also get caked in dirt etc. Worth a check and a clean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts