Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chaps,

I'm addressing a number of problems this weekend but one of the jobs on the list is bleed the brakes and it's due a fluid change which prompts a few questions:
What's the capacity of the system? I've read both 0.5l and 1l
I'm assuming I need to bleed the clutch slave cylinder as well, anything special I need to do/be aware of?
Do I need to pulse the ABS module to bleed it 'properly'?
In what order to I bleed the system (including clutch)?
i.e. is it worth me just slinging it into the dealer to do? After I've replaced the broken bleed valve and fitted the goodridge hoses.

That will just leave having a proper look at the bloody oil leak, changing the reversing light switch and sussing out what's now making suspension noises. Oh, and adjusting the handbrake.

Cheers, Jim

· Registered
5 Posts
You don't need diagnosis software for bleed the brakes and the car most be in motion.
the first time I have failed to do the bleeding because it was pumping the brake pedal my girlfriend and not pushing hard and fast.
With a friend I have already done the bleed 3 times without problems.

It does not need you to empty the tank, just take out the old oil from the various calipers and then top.

You must first bleed the clutch because it remains higher and later the calipers.

For noise suspension describe the noise or make a video, because it might be the old shock absorbers, bearings wheel or bearings of the suspension arms.
Anyway 1lt oil is ok.

For the handbrake check first the pads if are good and later you can adjusting it.

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Clutch first? I'll probably go round twice anyway but thanks. I think for the time-being, I'll stick with the standard fluid as I've got loads of that. Once everything's changed/fixed I might put the fancy stuff in.

ABS valves are open with the ignition off, so I'm told, so that should be OK.

Suspension noises I'll investigate this weekend. I'll soon be swapping the struts, top-mounts, ARB and drop-links so if it's any of those it should be cured. If not, I'll be getting annoyed.

Handbrake cables were new, last year, when I did the rear-beam (brake pads are new as well, everything was) so they've just stretched a bit and settled in.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Cheers, Jim

· Registered
5 Posts
in the hydraulic system must always bleed the components from top to bottom.

Anyway this is the Service Box Peugeot and read the line Essential

see the url: i63.tinypic.com/2psglsg.jpg

At the moment i cant paste link because i dont have many posts.

I had already tried to do the bleed with ignition off but not working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.