Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm looking for some advice, I've just spent a ton of money on my 206 1.4 HDI, Clutch, new gearbox bearings & seals and also the "fuel pump pressure regulator control valve" which was causing my engine management light to show. After all this work I've got the car back and guess what, another problem! The fuel gauge is not working correctly, it registers quarter of a tank and wont budge, I've tried disconnecting the sender and surely this would then show as no fuel? but still shows as quarter. There are only 2 wires going to the sender unit and I have tried to short these together as I was told this would show full tank which it does not.

I've left the car with the battery disconnected in the hope it may reset the thing but this is a long shot and I doubt it will do anything

Has anyone else had this problem and could anyone please help me with some ideas and suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Shorting the wires together wont necessarily show a full tank are you sure there are only 2

It could actually be the dash that is at fault not the sender as the dashes can do strange things at times.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Ok, that is the right place. Thought you might have been using the wires off the additive tank. You obviously dont have an in-tank pump then as that unit has 4 wires to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.