Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I bought a 2001 peugeot 206 1.4 glx this month, and it runs great, apart from if I'm going over bumps, the car makes a clunking/knocking noise - it sounds like it's coming from the front - could this be a problem with the suspension or something similar? I had the balancing checked, and have recently put on some new alloys as well, but it's been making this noise since i got it..:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
get yourself underneath it and check for anything loose. put it on axle stands and give each linkage a push and pull on the axis its not meant to move. EG- if the link goes up and down pull it side to side.

Check all the pivot points, if its worn the rubber bush will have split and cracked.

·
Registered
2 Posts
retta said:
Hi there, I bought a 2001 peugeot 206 1.4 glx this month, and it runs great, apart from if I'm going over bumps, the car makes a clunking/knocking noise - it sounds like it's coming from the front - could this be a problem with the suspension or something similar? I had the balancing checked, and have recently put on some new alloys as well, but it's been making this noise since i got it..:confused:
Hi , my wifes car was the same....front drop link was worn..replaced in 15mins by mechanic & now ok

·
Registered
1 Posts
Every time I get a knocking noise from the front of my 206 its guaranteed either the wishbone, drop link or the track-rod end.
Every Peugeot I've had seems to need a wishbone replaced every year or at the most a year and a half but all 3 parts do make a knocking noise when needing replaced

1 - 5 of 5 Posts