Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had a V reg 1.1ltr 206 for nearly 4 years. It only has 53k on the clock and is in fairly good nick body-wise, but for the past 2 years has suffered from an intermittent cutting out fault. My wife only tootles round town in it, and has put up with the fault, as it always started again straight away after cutting out. It's in the garage now, however, after cutting out and not starting again. They are talking about replacing the ECU. But, after googling "peugeot 206 faults" and learning that this is apparently a fault which has affected hundreds of 206's, and how people have tried various things, including ECU replacement, and the problem has simply returned, I don't see spending the £500 on a "fingers crossed" basis. Does anybody at all have any personal experience of how this problem can actually be fixed, or any suggestions how we might sell it as it is, to get more than the £50 or so we might get by towing it to the breakers yard ?? :(
Thank you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. It's not a silly question if you're not a mechanic, which I'm not. I'll certainly ask that question to the mechanic at the garage. This particular fault was apparently featured a couple of times on BBC Watchdog about 5 years ago, and nobody, particularly Peugeot themselves, knew how to sort it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts