Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

just been out in my wife 206 '01 1.9 diesel (non turbo) and it looses power when cruising at 1900-2100rpm in any gear. a friend of mine said it might be the recirc valve which i have found but i dont want to take it off cos its plastic bodied and knowing my luch it will break!!

can anyone advise?? i will try and answer as many questions as possible to ge tthis problem sorted out

cheers

nick

·
Registered
862 Posts
nickr100 said:
hi all,

just been out in my wife 206 '01 1.9 diesel (non turbo) and it looses power when cruising at 1900-2100rpm in any gear. a friend of mine said it might be the recirc valve which i have found but i dont want to take it off cos its plastic bodied and knowing my luch it will break!!

can anyone advise?? i will try and answer as many questions as possible to ge tthis problem sorted out

cheers

nick

Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:
Has the car cut out at all? has the car been running on an almost empty fuel tank? lastly when was it last serviced?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi,

no its not cut out, just momentarily looses power and recovers. no, it does it all the time no matter how much fuel is in it. it was serviced about 2 months ago, but it was doing it before the serivce and i hoped that something like a filter might cure it.

still hoping for and answer

cheers

nick

·
Registered
862 Posts
Would be worth checking the stepper motor.Also you could try an engine flush,you can get them in halfrauds. this seems to be pretty common (especially with hdi's). Will look into this a bit more and let you know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi,

what stepper motor?? have tried flushing and it doesn't do anything. also, its not and HDi engine

cheers

nick

·
Registered
862 Posts
This is a common problem with a lot of possibilites please look at this link

http://www.206info.co.uk/

have asked a few people about this and have been told everything from coil packs and the ecu to the oxygen sensor. Sorry to have been unable to help mate,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts