Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, been having some issues with my 2004 peugeot 206 1.2 petrol. Bought it with a manual switch wich activates the fan for cooling the radiator. Been trying to connect it back to the system but i don't know what could be the problem. Checked the coolant sensor and it works properly, when you activate the manual switch you can see on the dashboard the temperature dropping. I don't know what do i need to change if i connect it back. Can anyone help please?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi everyone, been having some issues with my 2004 peugeot 206 1.2 petrol. Bought it with a manual switch wich activates the fan for cooling the radiator. Been trying to connect it back to the system but i don't know what could be the problem. Checked the coolant sensor and it works properly, when you activate the manual switch you can see on the dashboard the temperature dropping. I don't know what do i need to change if i connect it back. Can anyone help please?
The original setup has two relays in the lower front right corner. One's power line goes through a resistor for low fan speed, the other is +12V direct, for full speed. Both are controlled by lines from the engine fusebox.

The wiring going into the relay sockets and the contacts in the sockets are in a pretty exposed position, and prone to corroding...

Might be that they've bypassed this completely and run a line from the switch straight to the fan or via a new relay, or repurposed one of the original ones. Hard to say what to do, beyond describing the stock setup when one doesn't know how it's wired now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They connected the wire straight into the relay so that should be working because it's working from the manual switch. So the fan is no problem, connections also no problem, going up the circuit wich is the fuse box checked and ok, measured the green coolant sensor with multimeter and that seems to be fine too. Is there another cooling sensor that might control the fan because i have on obd tester and it gives me the coolant sensor error. If i unplug that green sensor, when i start engine it shows me to stop immediately and indicates max temp on the dashboard so i'm thinking that's working too. Thank you in advance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts