Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i only bought this car last week, and picked it up yesterday. it was mot'd on the 27th and only thing it failed on was a bulb that needed replaced.
driving back home on the motorway and i noticed a whining noise from the front passenger side of the car.
when i press the break, there is a loud clunking noise from the front passenger side of the car, the longer i drive the worse it seems to become.
anyone have any ideas what it could be?
i called the garage and they said to bring it back to them, but thats not possible until monday.
is it still safe to drive? i really need the car to get to and from work!

thanks
alanah

·
Registered
862 Posts
alanah said:
i only bought this car last week, and picked it up yesterday. it was mot'd on the 27th and only thing it failed on was a bulb that needed replaced.
driving back home on the motorway and i noticed a whining noise from the front passenger side of the car.
when i press the break, there is a loud clunking noise from the front passenger side of the car, the longer i drive the worse it seems to become.
anyone have any ideas what it could be?
i called the garage and they said to bring it back to them, but thats not possible until monday.
is it still safe to drive? i really need the car to get to and from work!

thanks
alanah
(found this on another forum)

Peugeot find 206 brake fault

Peugeot is issuing a safety recall on thousands of its 206 models because of a potential problem in its braking system.
Up to 280,000 right hand drive cars, many built at the Ryton plant near Coventry, are being recalled after the fault was found.

But the company has reassured owners that the risk of the brakes failing is very low.

They said the fault "in very rare circumstances" could affect cars built before February 2002.
You can contact peugeot uk they will tell you if this affects your car or if it has had the recall work done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
well, after having a quick look over the car, the garage suggested i 'let the car settle in for a couple of weeks'.
i drove home to pick up my grandpa to come back to the garage with me. on the way, the exhaust started blowing. i stopped to have a look and the clamp was so rusted it crumbled and fell off when i touched it.
eventually got it secured enough to drive back to the garage, and made them take the car in to strip and look at properly.
got a call this morning saying that brake pads and discs are fine, they couldn't see anything wrong so they called a peugeot mechanic who thought it would be a buckled hub.
i've never heard of this happening before, i was expecting it to be the ball joint. does it sound like it could be about right?
i didn't think first cars were supposed to give you so much trouble!

·
Registered
862 Posts
alanah said:
well, after having a quick look over the car, the garage suggested i 'let the car settle in for a couple of weeks'.
i drove home to pick up my grandpa to come back to the garage with me. on the way, the exhaust started blowing. i stopped to have a look and the clamp was so rusted it crumbled and fell off when i touched it.
eventually got it secured enough to drive back to the garage, and made them take the car in to strip and look at properly.
got a call this morning saying that brake pads and discs are fine, they couldn't see anything wrong so they called a peugeot mechanic who thought it would be a buckled hub.
i've never heard of this happening before, i was expecting it to be the ball joint. does it sound like it could be about right?
i didn't think first cars were supposed to give you so much trouble!
It would take a hell of a hit to buckle the hub,not to sound alarmist here but has this car been in a accident at any time do you know?
Are they going to fix the exhaust/bracket etc?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as far as i know the car hasn't been in an accident, nothing in the history and nothing flagged up when i insured it.
the exhaust was fixed yesterday, i'm just waiting for the call to go pick it up.
my grandpas friend runs a garage, so i might call by with the car when i get it back and have him give it the once over!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts